Thursday, July 30, 2009

home economics

In two weeks and 20 square feet of fabric later, I have (almost) completed my drapes ( I say almost b/c I might be making Daniel some drapes for his game room or I might just buy him some). I think they have turned out pretty nicely, for it being my first time!

Here is our master bedroom. I love it b/c when you walk in the room, our bed is the focal point but I felt weird with a window being behind it (it was the only layout that would work for the room). I think these curtains make the room look a lot less boring.

They are pewter and brown striped "silk". I love them! Kitchen! I am so proud of them! I added trim to the bottom of them. I also cut them with scalloped edges.
Please forgive my Iphone pictures. I do have a perfectly working pink cannon, but I can't seem to find the charger for it and it is dead.
Aunt Lydia, if you are reading this thank you SO much for teaching me how to do this and letting me use your sewing machine. I have had a blast so far making these with you!!!

On a side note, tomorrow I am going to a Hobby Lobby class to learn different sewing techniques. It is only $5/ hour, but I have a feeling that they are going to suck me into more than just one class.

On another side note, I'd like a sewing machine. I am thinking Craigslist, unless anyone reading this has one I can buy from you?

2 comments:

  1. Love the curtains, wish I could make things like that. I need to see more pics of your house. I think I am in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, we need to get together and our homes would be AMAZING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...