Thursday, October 17, 2013

I am a crazy woman

I have officially lost it... I don't know why I make the decisions that I do, but right now I stand by them. Here is what I am talking about...
Most addicting show ever. Watch it on Hulu if you are living in the states and thinking of traveling to EU!

1. That, my friends, is every Rick Steves episode (or at least the first 100). I have seen about 2/3 of them already, but that didn't stop me from spending the money to not only buy this, but also to pay to ship it from America. I just knew that we would enjoy this even more now that we are here and can easily get to all of the fab places that Ricky teaches about. And if we can't get there, at least we virtually experienced it with Ricky from the convenience of our living room.

All of the amazing junk that I bought

2. I have 1/2 way learned my lesson of buying stuff that I can't carry home. I chose to wait 12 minutes for the bus when I could have walked home in that amount of time just so I wouldn't have to embarrass myself by dropping all of my bags. There is this Scandinavian store called Tiger that I had never heard of before moving here. Think IKEA meets Dollar Tree. You know the section of Ikea that has all of that junk that you never knew you needed, but now that you've seen it, you don't know how you ever lived your life without it? But now imagine it is 1/2 the price of IKEA...heaven, huh? I got so many wonderful items. Rugs, baskets, meat thermometer, kitchen timer, tea towels, end table, canisters, a deck of cards, and an umbrella, a spray bottle (for my plants), a wooden spoon...that's all I can think of off the top of my head. I went a little nuts.

Side note, I took that picture of all of my stuff on the bus. And then next stop, Daniel happened to be getting on! He never takes the bus home from work, but he had that day. 2nd time we have run into each other on public transport since living here, and we get WAY too excited when that happens! Extra bonus, I didn't have to carry my bags!


3. I will write about this tomorrow, but today I walked 7 miles. With a 7 year old. He told me he couldn't feel his knees by the time we were finished!

4. And probably what makes me the craziest of crazy women, I think I am going to become a dog walker. Crazy, because I am really running out of free time with all of the babysitting and nannying I've been doing. But it will be so easy and give me my doggy fix! The family lives a block away from me and has a 10 year old bloodhound. I can go whenever I want during the day, whether it's at 9 am or 3 pm, and just walk her and give her love (I'm thinking I'll stop by either before or after yoga, since it's on the way). For the equivalent of $17 an hour. I am going to try it out, and if I don't have enough time in the day to do the things I need to do then I'll just quit. *Sigh* I have a degree with a 4.0 from UT, and yet I do the jobs of a 14 year old. I bet my parents are so proud :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...