Friday, October 11, 2013

A Hodgepodge of Happenings

Hello friends and family!

I find that it is SO easy to blog after our weekends, but difficult to blog on weekdays, because nothing ever really deviates from our normal schedules. It is amazing what creatures of routine we are!

So, along with Daniel working and me babysitting/ yogaing all day, here are the (not so) exciting things that have been goin' on in our London life.

- Our relocation agent sent a scathing email to our landlords about how they wrongly listed our flat as a "garden flat" and...well, long story short, it isn't. Our "colorful" neighbor that I have blogged about so much is the only garden flat. Which I would think wouldn't matter, but it actually does when our relocation agency is paying for the Garden Flat's water, electricity, and gas...and the flat we are living in is delinquent on bills! Yep, we almost got our water shut off. Thankfully that was fixed in the nick of time (or so I am hoping, since we have water running today)!

-As I have previously mentioned, in the past month, we've had 2 leaks and no hot water (although it is all fixed now). On top of that, our radiators were not turning on. I was DREADING calling our landlords about this because even though it isn't our fault, I just feel bad that there are so many issues and don't want to be a burden. It's the people pleaser inside of me. BUT, I fixed it ALL by myself! Desperate times call for desperate measures!

-And it's a good thing the radiators work, because these past two days have been don't-leave-your-flat-with-out-gloves-and-a-coat kind of days! It's only in the low 50's, but the wind chill and rain just make it unbearable. If this keeps up, I am going to have to stop running to the kid's school and start taking the bus. I got 2 thick jackets from a Charity Shop that wasn't in the best neighborhood, meaning its items are priced like charity shop items should be. The shops in our area are all ridiculously overpriced...equivalent of $40-70 for a dress, $100 for a jacket. Crazy for USED clothes!

Brown Topshop jacket for $14, thick down coat for $12. I'm really bummed that neither have hoods, but I guess I'll take what I can get! Side note: that's our bed. It really is that tiny. I'm used to it now.

 
 
-I think I am going to start nannying a kiddo that I was previously watching every once and awhile. He lives in our neighborhood and I would do it Fridays from 2:30-5:30. It's just too easy to not do. I've watched him before and have told some people about the family...they are from LA and the dad is a producer...anyways,  I will pick him up from the American School that is by our flat, walk him home (he lives literally a street away from us) and I'll be home before Daniel. We are doing a "trial run" this month to make sure I want to take on more routine hours.
 
-Tomorrow we are off to Stonehenge and Bath- hope it's not as cold and rainy as it is today! I'm trying to drag myself from my coffee and into the rain so I won't be a complete lazy bum today.
 
Have a fantastic weekend, everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...