Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Happy Pinning!

I can't even tell you how much Pinterest has changed my cooking. Before I discovered its awesomeness, I always dreaded the weekly grocery trip and figuring out what to cook. I had no clue what should be on the menu for the week, and often found myself cooking the same boring foods every single night. I swear, I'd spend hours on Foodnetwork.com, looking through my Cooking Light magazines and piles of cookbooks, before just giving up and nearly ordering pizza. 

Anyways, here are some tried and true Pinterest gems that I have been cooking lately. Give them a try and let me know what you think! Usually, I never really stick to a recipe, but instead use it for inspiration. I'll jot down any changes that I made! 


This has been a go-to soup for the past couple of years now, and I might have even blogged about it before. Because it is so easy to do, I make it Vegan by replacing the beef stock with Veg stock. I always add tons of cilantro and a lime or 2, plus some avocado and tortilla chips. 


Just ask Daniel, and he will agree. These truly are the best brussel sprouts ever and I am sad that it took me so long to realize I was doing it all wrong! I use panko and use about half of the recommendation. 


So good! I use lamb mince instead of pork (not a huge pork fan) for the meatballs and add some thinly chopped onion and carrot. I also probably double the spicy paprika, just because I love spice! I usually make this with mashed sweet potatoes and a leafy green veg.


I am a huge fan of stuffed chicken....when it's plain, it's just too boring for me. I halved the bacon on this recipe. Served with some green beans. 


Seriously, make this and you will love me forever. Because we try not to do carbs, I used this pesto to (again) stuff chicken breasts with and it was amazing! I had tons left over, so I've been eating it as a dip with celery, cucumber, and carrots. There are no Poblano peppers here, so I used a spicier pepper on accident, therefore halving the amount of peppers in the recipe. Check the peppers before adding them to make sure it isn't too spicy! 


Wow. The best french toast EVER. Made this on both Saturday and Sunday. Guys, go all out and get some white, dense bread when making this. It makes all of the difference in the world!


I love these easy, grain free cookies. I am obsessed with almond butter, but Daniel isn't...and since he usually ends up eating about 10 of the 13 cookies this recipe makes, I use organic crunchy peanut butter instead. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I'll have to try some of these!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...