Sunday, January 18, 2009

Blisters and Bruises

Oh man, am I exhausted! Today Daniel and I, along with our generous family, worked at the house from 9-4:30! I had no idea how long it would take to get the floors ready to be sanded. I thought that we could just walk in, take the carpets out, and then we'd be done. Oh no, no, no, no, no. For some reason, 80 years ago my family thought it would be a good idea to staple the carpet every 6 inches! So Nanette, Cindy, Donna, Memaw, and I spent the whole day taking 80 yr old staples out of the wooden floors! My thumb has a huge blister on it, my back hurts, and my eyes are seeing double...but it feels good getting so much work done! Meanwhile, Daniel, his brothers, dad, and my dad went to the dump, cut up all the vegetation, fixed some of the roof, tore down old kitchen cabinets, and much more!



Nanette and I taking staples out of the first bedroom. We have 3 more bedrooms to go after this!
There was actually a hole in the wall...and David found the remains of the hole in the bushes! Yay...all fixed! Also, you can tell my Dad cut up A LOT of the dead plants and trees. He worked so hard today!
This will be our bedroom.
There were book cases here, and Daniel and the rest of the men tore them out because they STUNK! Turns out there is a crack in the windows, that caused water to leak in. We found mold, and possibly some toxic asbestos. We will create a wall to cover the remains of the shelves!
Living room! Pretty, pretty floors.

Thank you Aunt Donna, Aunt Cindy, Memaw, Nanette, David, Justin, Mason, Kristen, Bridget, and of course, Dad. We couldn't have done this without you and are SO appreciative of your help!

We are going back Monday. We have a meeting with the terminator inspector, plus we are cleaning and taking off some molding off the walls. Anyone want to help?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...