Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Paprika Couscous


I am SO proud of this thrown-together recipe that I have to share it!  


When we went to Hungary, I bought the most fragrant, flavorful paprika and since then have neglected it in the back of my one little food cupboard. I found it today and could practically taste the sweet yet spicy notes in the back of my throat, and knew that I had to have some ASAP! I threw together this couscous and I must say, we both found it to be incredibly tasty!




Some notes:

- I'm not a huge fan of couscous, as it isn't as healthful as quinoa or other grains. Really, couscous isn't a grain, but more like a little bitty pasta. However, Waitrose mistakenly delivered us some and I rather not waste it. That's why you make it more nourishing by adding some veggies and lots of paprika to it!

-Make sure you use Israeli couscous- it is larger and fluffier than the regular kind.

- It is absolutely imperative that you toast the couscous first. Really, your taste buds will be so happy!

-I'm going to go on a limb and say that cheap paprika will mess up this meal. The paprika is the star of this dish, so make sure you use high quality.

I hope that you give this a try! I am going to try it with quinoa, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...