Friday, March 7, 2014

Wacky Week

Does anyone remember the Dr. Seus book Wacky Wednesday? I used to have it in my classroom library, and my students always loved pointing out all of the wacky things that they could find- flying shoes, 6 legged dogs, fish fishing for humans.

Yesterday was our version of the book: wacky Thursday.

First of all, this happened (via text):

Daniel: So, in case you were wondering, today is not Friday.
Me: Hahahahaha. Please tell me you wore jeans to work
Daniel: How much money is in Barclays? I need to buy new clothes.

What cracks me up the most, is Daniel rode the tube basically across London with hundreds of other workers, and none of them were wearing jeans. Daniel just figured they weren't allowed to wear jeans on Fridays. And then he gets to work and actually has conversations with friends, before giving them a hard time for not wearing jeans to work. It actually took him a couple of hours before he realized that it was NOT Friday, but Thursday!

Secondly, I went to go nanny. An hour early. It was to my normal, routine nanny job that I go to every Mon-Thurs at 3:30. But yesterday, for some reason, I left at 2 instead of 3 to go. It's the darn military time. It always confuses me.

On top of that, I might have walked all the way to the gym before deciding I just couldn't muster up the energy to squat, so I turned around and walked all of the way home.

Pair these half-brained happenings with me forgetting to turn off the oven, having a very strange conversation with a random 5 year old named Ryan on the bus, and nearly getting trampled by a gang of scooter-riding kids, and it makes for a wacky Thursday, indeed!

Side note: I am happy to report that things are happier in the Bond home! Daniel is starting to legitimately feel back to normal- even played soccer this week! We have plans for this weekend, have had 3 sunny days in a row, and I might have booked a trip to Barcelona in May. Thanks for putting up with my negative posts lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...